I have Reliance net connect 3.1 mbps usb. Can i connect it to a wireless router like D’link or Netgear so that I can share the internet to my mobile as well as laptop using wi-fi.
Yes. You can make it easily…
Yes. That is what they are for.
Yes it is
so you can enjoy with router . and also you can connect with ur mobile and laptop
It is easy to install and configure Reliance Netconnect Broadband+ Modem ZTE-AC2736 in ubuntu. Please follow the procedures
1) Install the following packages
# apt-get install wvdial usb-modeswitch
2) Plug your USB modem to your laptop
3) Edit /etc/wvdial.conf and add the following lines
Init1 = ATZ
Init2 = ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0
Modem Type = USB Modem
Baud = 460800
New PPPD = yes
Modem = /dev/ttyUSB0
ISDN = 0
Username = 93********
Password = 93********
Phone = #777
Stupid Mode = 1
Inherits = Modem0
4) Execute the following command to start connection
# wvdial netconnect
5) Open your web browser and check some speed test.
If your wifi router has an input USB port then OK you can connect it. Otherwise use a RJ 45 to USB adapter.
All content Copyright AnswersKit